.

.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

A day at the zoo for Wells' birthday

Lafayette has a cute little zoo (Columbian Park). I had vague memories of going there as a child and I really hadn't been back for probably 14 years. It has changed quite a bit and is more simplistic in a classy way. There are less animals to see, but it seems to be better taken care of and they have added on a pretty awesome and large play-ground to it.



Best memory from the Wallaby walk-about: A wallaby bounds over the fence and across the trail on to the other side in one quick dash as Jenny lets out a terrified gasp and sudden jolt of astonishment, "Oh, gosh! I thought that was one of our kids!" Children can get a little rambunctious, but I don't think they'd be able to keep up with a wallaby. :)





Contrary to the impression this photo gives, Cetty actually enjoyed the zoo a lot...just not this goat. :)


Wells was concerned about the loud weed whacker near by.


Watching and waiting for the otters to swim by.




The card Jenny picked out for Wells...so appropriate for a zoo birthday party. 




Needing a nap so not as overjoyed to still be at the zoo as I thought he'd be.

It was a very refreshing day and so wonderful to be with my sisters, mother, nieces, and nephew.
We had a lot of fun exploring all there was to see. We ended the day with snacks at the park and more play time for the kids. Wells received some wonderful birthday presents from his aunts and Mimi. :) He's a very lucky boy to have so many people that love him. Thank you for all of the love!

...Wells' birthday is actually tomorrow. Sam and I are planning to enjoy a birthday cupcake with him before we pack up and head out of town for a family reunion. :) I can't believe our baby is already one!

3 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

It's so sad we had to miss this...stupid chicken pox... ;) I have Wells's little gift here and I'll get it to you soon. :)

Kaitlin said...

We missed you, Ann! Aw, thanks for the gift...we'll plan a trip to Indy as soon as we return from Maine. :) Love you!

Ashton said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Wells! We had so much fun at the zoo. And I can't believe he's one already, either!