.

.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Good day

Today has been so relaxing and fun. Daveana and I went to Panera after class, which has become quite a ritual for us. I love being able to share thoughts with friends! It's so rainy and dreary out, but I happen to love this kind of weather. It makes me feel so...pensive(that word makes me laugh)...and reflective.:)

Speaking of sharing with friends, I'm remembering how cool it was to volunteer at LUM(Lafayette Urban Ministries-homeless shelter) with Christen. We had basically all night to burrow into life's deepest issues...and by golly we did! It was great. She is great. This world is great. There really isn't anything better than late night talks.

I've really been wondering what I should do this summer. I have some pretty good ideas...don't worry I won't bore you with them! I can't describe how excited I am about South Carolina vacation. ASH!!!!-- You need to help me plan my senior trip and soon. Time is wasting away!

Last weekend was Natalie Hoerr's personal shower...how weird. I can't believe my friends are actually to the stage where marriage is happening. It's pretty scary. I had a really good talk with Polly and Kaitlyn Hoerr. Those girls are really special and I don't get much time to talk with them. What a blessing it was. :)It's so fun to be able to talk with girls...I'm afraid to lose all of the freedom I have in my friendships after I get married(If that is to happen of course). I know I'll still have friendships they just won't be like they are now. I'm definitely not ready to give that up and I shouldn't be! Spending the night with Ash and Bryan was also pretty cool. It was Liv, Sadie, Christen, and I that stayed. We had some good talks...abusing Bryan with too many questions I'm sure!

This stage of life is a good one!

5 comments:

Bry&Ash said...

That was such a happy post! Thanks. It reminded me that I need to be thankful for my day and all its goodness too.:)

Yes, we need to plan your trip! I'm so excited about that!!:) Next time I come home we'll start, OK?

Oh, and thanks for the text message...I have no idea what possessed you to send that, but it made me very happy this morning.:)

You're so cool...
Love you.
-Ash

Anonymous said...

Kait, you are cracking me up. Maybe you should put down one more time that you love spending time with girls- hee hee :). Love, J

L, Ann and boys said...

Jen, I was thinking the same thing. =o) Kait, sounds like you're enjoying your stage of life right now...which is good. =o) Glad to see your post, I haven't seen you in a while. Hopefully we'll see you this weekend.

Ann

Christen Leigh said...

Kaitlin... LUM was pretty amazing. Although I doubt we solved any of the world's problems, it was good to hash out our similar dilemmas.

And... I will always laugh upon remembering you nonchalantly strolling around the outside of the sliding window only to hear me rambling "Are you good? I am. I am happy on most days"....etc.

:)

PS- If it's any consolation after the teasing of your sisters, you might take note that my most recent post is quite similar to yours. Must be something in the air...

Sarena said...

AH, I've spent so much money at Panera this semester! but also, much time with you :) :) :D