.

.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentines day...the holiday for lovers.

My valentine's day is something to talk about for sure. Where do I start?
Sadie and I had been wanting to meeet at Denny&Mary Ann's with our foreign friends for quite a while. It just hadn't happened...that was about to change.
We decided to plan a get-together the weekend of valentine's day. It ended up working perfectly and I'm so thankful we did it. Sadie brought 4 girls with her. Quinn Steffen came with his friend and Janessa, Kurt, Sam, Sam's asian friend, Kyle, Suneeta, and I came out from Lafayette, The group was wonderful. Sam, Sadie, Janessa, Kyle, and I had a blast cooking dinner Saturday! We were all crammed in the kitchen working magic with fresh ingredients. Denny was a great advisor(as always) through our cooking adveture. I don't think I've ever had so much fun making a meal in my life. :)

Friday night a very unplanned camp fire was formed on the deck by the pond. It was about 12:00am and lightly snowing...we were all hudled around the fire pit with big smiles while trying to stay warm. We sang some praise songs and talked. Totally unplanned things are always the best. We played some pretty fun pool games, guitar hero(Janessa and Sam kicked butt!), and DDR (I wouldn't say I'm any good, but my friends say...ha).

I really loved all of the foreign people we were able to connect with. We represented six countries that weekend. Russia, China, India, Taiwan, Morocco, and Japan. Each personality was so special and they were all so appreciative. I loved it.

Denny and MaryAnn were once again the perfect hosts. I don't know how they do it. They give such energy and love to any and all guests. Without them it would have never been possible. I'm really thankful.:) I'm hoping we can all meet again when it's warmer and do some outside stuff...we'll see.
These pictures aren't the best quality, but give you a little idea of what the group looked like.



1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

I just have to comment on how retarded I look in the last picture...that's pretty much the face expression I had the whole weekend, I guess. I call it the "satisfied freeze face". :)