.

.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Souls And Rain-Drops by Sidney Lanier

Light rain-drops fall and wrinkle the sea,
Then vanish, and die utterly.
One would not know that rain-drops fell
If the round sea-wrinkles did not tell.

So souls come down and wrinkle life
And vanish in the flesh-sea strife.
One might not know that souls had place
Were't not for the wrinkles in life's face.

---I thought this poem was pretty. If you have
any comments as to your interpretation of the
poem I would love to hear them!

2 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

hmmmm...well kate...I'm trying to go deep on this one and I'm not sure how it's going. You've got the rain drops and the souls...both making ripples in something...I Think that we leave a mark on humanity in some way when we live and die...maybe that's the wrinkle on the face of life...but it must be on the face of others and not our own yea?

Bry&Ash said...

Hey Kaitlin, that' s a cool poem...but you need to post more often.:) I check your blog regularly, just hoping and praying that you'll have something new, and day after day I am left with only bitter disappointment. I should write my own poem about that.:) Well, I love you...and I hope you have fun in Chicago this weekend!