.

.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Break

I can't begin to tell you how completely relaxing this break has been for me! It started out awesome and is continuing that way. Christen, Suneeta, Iris, Karmi and I traversed VERY ICY roads to Denny and MaryAnn's house. It's amazing we made it there alive. In the beginning, we had planned to visit Sadie in Peoria, but only made it to MaryAnn's before deciding that we'd never get there driving 40mph. And,40mph was pretty risky...you have no idea. Turned out that we had an awesome night taking pointless pictures in thick darkness after the electricity went out during the ice storm. We also watched a movie titled Bounce. Doesn't that sound like a happy movie title...it wasn't. The main character's husband dies in a plane crash (I wouldn't recommend this movie for Jenny)and it was sad. But, we managed...the rest of the night we were smiling despite the tears shed during the movie. :)

I know you are all wondering...how could such fun girls get together and not have a dance party? Don't worry, we definitely did have a crazy dance party. :)
"shimmy shake to the right and shimmy shake to the left!"

Here are a few pictures we took during the power-outage:








These following pictures are the next morning before we took off.




3 comments:

Christen Leigh said...

Wahoozle a new post!

Hey, it was great to see you last night! I had a lot of fun, even if we never sat and talked a ton.

love you!

:)

Kaitlin said...

it was great to see you too! We'll get together before the end of break for sure

Daveana said...

Oh My Word!!! A POST!!!! YEAH!!!! And a fun one at that! Hope I get to see you before I leave!!!

Love you tons!!!

Daveana