.

.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Home Alone Tonight...

Yes It's true...I am home alone at this very moment. The house seems pretty lonely when I'm the only one to fill it up. I must say, though, that I really don't mind it. I think having a night with only myself is really good every once in a while. It gives me the time to think about important things and...reflect. Reflecting is always a good thing.

I drove back from MaryAnn's house this morning for church. I was glad to be able to see Mom and Dad before they zoomed off to Florida. How I wish I could go with them! I miss you guys Jen! They left for Indy tonight to sleep in a hotel so the morning rushing to the airport would be a bit easier. I had a good talk with Dad about how life changes so much. It's so important how we handle and use the change. I don't think I very often have a good attitude about the big things that change in my life. It's also crazy to think that most times we don't realize how much we appreciated something until it changes. Maybe we didn't really even know that we appreciated it until we experience what it's like without it (confusing...but, maybe it kinda makes sense?). I guess It's really important to try to fully realize that the stage of life I am in now is awesome because I'll only get to experience it once. :)

2 comments:

Nick said...

Sounds like a sound philosophy to me. There's probably something to seeing every moment as precious and being held up by the hand of God instead of some sort of materialistic consequence. I think Chesterton called it the "philosophy of gratitude", being thankful for existence itself.

So now that you're closer to how you want to think, what are you gonna do with it?

Kaitlin said...

That is a good and exciting question. (I loved the quote you used by Chesterton by the way...right on). I guess I'd have to say that I'll be sure to consciously realize that what I'm doing at every moment is worth relishing completely...even if it isn't always enjoyable. There are so many times when it’s as if I'm dead to the fulfillment that life through God can bring. Any stage of life is worth living if I would choose to look at in the healthy and right way that God intended.

Thanks for your comment Nick!